Saturday, December 6, 2014

The Story Begins!

Here it is seven years after my first cupcake sale and I am finally putting my glitter covered hands to the keyboard. I figured I will start simple and talk about "the cupcakers" because my list of topics has grown over the years!

For those of you just learning about Feeling Smitten, I will give you a brief summary. Feeling Smitten is not just one lady making bath products from her little pink mixer and selling online anymore. Over the past seven years my business has grown from my house into a few different locations. Each needing more space to accommodate production and fill orders.  I love meeting long time customers at our trade shows. They often say, "I remember when you shipped with recycled newspaper!"  I remember that too! My hands were black on shipping days!

Currently, Feeling Smitten has over eight ladies (cupcakers is what we call ourselves) and one mancake, my husband Ian. This fabulous group of women is quite the assortment. Each with such a different life story working hard to spread the love of our handcrafted treats.  

One thing that most do not know is the amount of labor and time involved in what we do. I do hear comments about how much fun it would be to work here.  While it can be very fun, there is a lot of hard work that goes into everything. We all have our least favorite tasks as well.  Mine would be mini stickering. The fun comes in spurts everyday. Custom orders where I can design is still my favorite.

We have new packaging coming soon too! Stay tuned for more info and behind the scenes pictures!

Thanks to all of our customers for supporting hand made!
Courtney xo


No comments:

Post a Comment