Sunday, April 5, 2015

Inspiration in Texas

This post will be a small detour from cupcakes but not by too much.

I am currently in Texas to meet with a customer and plan out their bath line into the Holidays. I left a few days early to catch the end of Texas Antique Week. What a fun and exciting thing for me for both reasons!  I put together custom samples and gathered my catalogs, materials and packaging and packed them safely in my suitcase. Landed and ready to roam, they lost my suitcase for the longest 40 minutes of my life.  I planned on starting a mini cupcake cottage in my hotel room when I heard the airline attendant chirp that he found it. Relief!!!!! Off to Round Top!

This show has such a special place in my heart. It is huge and full of good, bad and weird treasure. I am inspired in so many ways. My first stop was a revisit to the Pie Haven. The best Pecan Pie I have ever had.






Then to the treasure hunting. Dirt, pink, lace, rust and dust. My happy place. 


Adding to my flatware connection. I met a wonderful lady named Polly that had thousands of pieces in her booth. I left with black fingers and a huge smile.


These wings follow me around the country. I still have not purchased a set to take home. The vendor was not interested in shipping them.  They were painted gold wood and a bit over 3 feet tall. 


My window selfie. My next nest will be lined with these beauties.

I am always a sucker for red velvet and a vintage trailer "fittin room" 


It's 5 o'clock and the country music is is load and in full swing. Made it to Warrenton at this point. 






This show makes me want to start a vintage line or vintage bath line and drive to Texas for a few weeks! We will see!
That is all. But not nearly enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment